View Poll Results: Should Warlord be banned from 1v1 tournaments?
Warlord should be banned from ONLY 1v1 Tournaments 3 27.27%
Warlord should be banned from ALL Tournaments 1 9.09%
Warlord shouldnt be banned from any Tournaments 7 63.64%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Apr 2017, 11:56 PM EDT   #1
iSxheel
First Place: 1v1 Duel 04-13 Tournament
Premium Member

iSxheel is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
Should Warlord be Banned in 1v1 Tournaments

Its no secret that with Peacekeeper now banned in tournaments and out of the picture, Warlord is the new dominant character. From the past 2 weeks of tournaments every single day, almost every 1v1 tournament has been won by a Warlord. Now I cant say that the game For Honor is anywere close to being a balances game yet, but I think we can all agree that tournaments would be a lot more fun without Warlord being allowed. If its not the almost unevadable 50/50 headbutt spam, its turtleing until getting one parry, and then getting a free gaurd break allowing them to throw their opponent off the cliff from nearly anywere on the map with ease. On maps such as forest, overwatch, river fort, citadel gate, etc. were there is a bridge or large open area to get an instant kill, it is almost like getting a free round on these maps with the Warlord. And certain players, like to throw their opponent off for a round, and then hide and let the time run out for the remainning rounds to give themselves the victory. This is one of the worst methods to win tournaments and money with and does not seem fair to the people who do not abuse broken characters. Little to no skill is required to win with the Warlord against non-top-teir characters so I wanted to what everyone else thinks about the matter. Please respond yes or no to wether or not you think Warlord should be banned in 1v1 Tournaments.
iSxheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2017, 12:03 AM EDT   #2
Mobiforu
New Arrival
Premium Member

Mobiforu is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
He's getting nerfed in like 5 days take this down
Mobiforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2017, 12:09 AM EDT   #3
iSxheel
First Place: 1v1 Duel 04-13 Tournament
Premium Member

iSxheel is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
Nerfing the heabutt will not stop the players that only wait on the ledge, throw you off and stall the remaining rounds
iSxheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2017, 12:17 AM EDT   #4
Ashtier
First Place: 1v1 Duel 04-10 Tournament
Premium Member

Ashtier is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
Some character is always going to be top tier and there isn't much you can do about that. That's just how it always is for fighting games. Ban the top dog and he'll just get replaced by the next top dog. The only time a ban should come into the equation is when they are so outrageously top tier that there isn't anything reasonable other characters can do about it.

PK definitely met that criteria, Shugoki kind-of does but can dealt with despite how unenjoyable it can make the game. Warlord is undeniably top tier apart from those two but still has to play the same game as everybody else apart from the headbutt, which actually results in very little damage when you think about it objectively.

But see, there's the problem. You ban PK, then people play Warlord. You ban warlord, people play Shugoki. You ban shugoki, people play warden. You ban warden..... i don't know, maybe orochi next?

I think it's alright to have low tier tournaments in addition to normal ones, but bans need to be carefully considered. Is the character really doing something that just breaks the enjoyment of the game in its entirety? Or is he simply getting paid out too much on correct guesses?
Ashtier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2017, 12:25 AM EDT   #5
Mobiforu
New Arrival
Premium Member

Mobiforu is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
I feel like a throw off rule would be more effective than banning WL. 1 throw per match?
Mobiforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2017, 12:29 AM EDT   #6
Ashtier
Premium Member

No, throws are simply way too integral to the game and its a nightmare to enforce attacks used by players during a match. Trust me, you don't want that kind of big-brother restriction going on. It never ends well.

If you want to limit the amount of deaths that happen from throwing people into killzones, I recommend looking at the map rotation and reviewing that instead.
Old 18 Apr 2017, 1:02 AM EDT   #7
Skillzpay3
New Arrival
Premium Member

Skillzpay3 is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
no dont ban warlord pk was a problem because literally 95% of the community was using the op character literally the only person ive seen be effective with warlord was sonic in that 1 tournament lol.
Skillzpay3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2017, 1:12 AM EDT   #8
Lapin_Rouge
New Arrival
Premium Member

Lapin_Rouge is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
Jeez dude this again.
Lapin_Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2017, 11:48 PM EDT   #9
Atchley56
New Arrival
Premium Member

Atchley56 is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
Id Like him banned so that xerxes quits playing like a bum
Atchley56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2017, 12:41 PM EDT   #10
JohnnyPhi
New Arrival
Premium Member

JohnnyPhi is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
The more we ban characters, the more this game's community will lessen in numbers. The PK ban was already a huge deal, but this is not a game with 30 characters that can afford to lose another. Shugoki is probably the best character outside of PK and I would not want him banned. Warlord is already nerfed, Shugoki will be nerfed in the next patch, and Warden's shoulder dash will be lessened as well at some point. Raider is getting buffed as well in the future, so it will be more balanced within the next month I'd say.

The biggest issue will be how unbalanced the DLC characters will be, since Ubisoft is known to have overpowered DLC characters. However, dropping the ban hammer on top tier characters over and over won't fix a fighting game. Unfortunately, there will always be those few characters that everyone uses. The only fighting game with a lot of variety is Super Smash Brothers.
JohnnyPhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2017, 5:16 PM EDT   #11
-TheShadow-
Online Tournament Supervisor

-TheShadow- has a reputation beyond repute-TheShadow- has a reputation beyond repute-TheShadow- has a reputation beyond repute-TheShadow- has a reputation beyond repute-TheShadow- has a reputation beyond repute-TheShadow- has a reputation beyond repute-TheShadow- has a reputation beyond repute-TheShadow- has a reputation beyond repute-TheShadow- has a reputation beyond repute-TheShadow- has a reputation beyond repute-TheShadow- has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to -TheShadow-
We don't plan on banning any more heroes.

-TheShadow- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2017, 5:41 PM EDT   #12
Ashtier
Premium Member

Correct call.

Although I'm going to laugh if Ninja is busted in a similar way.
Old 19 Apr 2017, 8:00 PM EDT   #13
JohnnyPhi
New Arrival
Premium Member

JohnnyPhi is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
Warlord is literally crippled after the nerf anyways. He is barely a mid-tier in my opinion now.
JohnnyPhi is offline   Reply With Quote