Old 27 Dec 2013, 10:34 PM EST   #1
GBMeDiC
Quality Assurance Engineer
Premium Member

GBMeDiC has a reputation beyond reputeGBMeDiC has a reputation beyond reputeGBMeDiC has a reputation beyond reputeGBMeDiC has a reputation beyond reputeGBMeDiC has a reputation beyond reputeGBMeDiC has a reputation beyond reputeGBMeDiC has a reputation beyond reputeGBMeDiC has a reputation beyond reputeGBMeDiC has a reputation beyond reputeGBMeDiC has a reputation beyond reputeGBMeDiC has a reputation beyond repute
MLG Online Tournament FAQ

Online Tournament FAQ

I forgot my Pin and Security Questions. How can I transfer my credits?
  • You can submit a Tournament Question/Issues ticket. If possible, we will verify you are the creator of the account and provide you with your security answers. If we are unable to verify that you are the account creator, you will have to submit a ticket under General Account Problems and Customer Support will help you from there.

I have negative credits on my account. Help!?
I bought credits from the MLG Store and they are not on my account. Did I just get scammed!?
  • You can submit a General Store Issues Ticket and Customer Support will review the transaction. Tournament staff do not handle any MLG Online Store issues. Depending on the situation, the credits may be deposited into your account.Other times the transaction may have been cancelled and your money from your Credit Card or paypal will be on hold for a few days.

I bought credits from another player and they are not on my account. Did I just get scammed!?
  • Any agreements made between two outside parties for purchasing/selling credits does not involve MLG and we will not replace any credits/cash spent. If a person attempts to sell you credits and does not provide them to you, then that is between you and him/her. If valid proof of another community member scamming you can be provided, then that person maybe suspended from the site.

I sponsored the entire team for this tournament and they kicked me off the roster. Can I get my credits back?
  • As the creator and sponsor of the team, we highly suggest that you never give up leadership of that team. Players may come up with several excuses for you to do this, but it is not required. Once leadership is given up, you forfeit all privileges of editing that team. This included removing players, adding player, and disbanding. You also will not be refunded your credits if that team is seeded into the tournament bracket as you willingly gave up your leadership role.

I sponsored the entire team for this tournament. Does that mean I get their prize too?
  • It does not matter who pays for a player's entry into the tournament. All cash prizing will be split up evenly among all the players on the roster. If the tournament is a 4v4 @25 credits and their are 6 players on the roster, the cash prize will be split, but every player will receive 25 credits.

Why will you not add my team to the tournament bracket? There are teams already in the second round.
  • Tournaments are generally up 3 days in advance. For certain tournaments, like MLG Variant 2k/5k Pro Point Series, they are up a week in advance. This is ample time to get a full team registered for the tournament and to receive support if you run into any issues registering. On some occasions, registration can be extended a few extra minutes for a few last minute entrants. Partial teams that do not meet the minimum player requirement are not seeded into the bracket nor can they be added after it has already been seeded. This will disrupt the seeds and matches that are already underway.

Which tournaments are seeded by MLG Pro Points?
  • Games where pro points are currently being awarded for Online and Offline competitions have tournaments seeded by pro points. This includes Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Xbox One). For Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Regular Best of 3 and MLG 2K/5K Series tournaments are seeded by pro points. FFAs and One and Done tournaments have the seeds randomly generated.

Why are there already matches in the second round when the first round is not complete?
  • The bracket is self-advancing. This means when two teams meet in the bracket, their match will be scheduled automatically. This helps speed up the tournament by allowing teams to play as soon as possible instead of waiting for all of the previous round matches to finish. For Double Elimination brackets, we have to place a time on Winners Round 2 due to a known issue with the bracket. However, teams may play their Round 2 match ahead of the scheduled time if they so choose to.

Why did we have to play when my opponent was over 15 minutes late?
  • As tournaments are competition based on skill, we want to have as few technicalities influence the outcome of the match. That means we may give teams a few extra minutes to get their players in the lobby. The longer a team takes to report a no show, the longer that team is giving their opponents to show for their match. Staff have to verify all no show claims for any tournament match and may give anywhere from 1 minute up to 10 minutes extra depending on the cooperation the players show.

If I play in two tournaments at the same time, will I be instantly Disqualified from one?
  • You will not be instantly disqualified from our tournaments if you choose to play in multiple tournaments, whether it is two MLG tournaments or any other site's. However, you still have the same time frame to show up and play your schedule match. Teams should not be waiting to report any no show issues with their match just because you are good friends with them. In the end, it could end up costing the team that was giving their opponent extra time the match.

Why does the tournament name not say there are Gun Restrictions?
  • We try to keep the titles as consistent as possible. If there are any type of special restrictions listed on the rules page, we try to incorporate it into the title. However, it is not required for us to do that. The rules page defines how the tournament is to be played. Each time a player signs up to compete in a tournament, they acknowledge they read the rules page and are aware of any possible restriction. Therefore, there cannot be any instances as to "It doesn't say it in the title, so I shouldn't forfeit".

Can I add another player/change my gamertag on the roster after registration ended?
  • Players can only be added if your team is seeded into the bracket and up until the end of your first match. This is done at the discretion of tournament staff and a valid reason must be provided for this to occur. After that team's first match is over, no other players may be added to the roster. If a gamertag needs to be updated on a tournament team, it must be linked to your Gamebattles profile for staff to change it on the roster.
Quote:
Any changes to a team roster after the tournament has been seeded is at the discretion of tournament staff. This includes changes to Xbox Live Gamertags, PSN IDs, Battle.net IDs, etc. Players may only be added to a roster (username and gamertag) up until the end of that team's first match. All players must play on the Xbox Live Gamertag, PSN, Battle.net IDs, etc that are on the tournament roster. Coaches and Team Managers are not permitted in the lobby once a match starts.

Why are forfeits for wrong settings inconsistent?
  • The severity of the offense dictates how much of a map the hosting team forfeits for setting up a match with incorrect settings. For search and destroy matches, a team will forfeit all rounds where the incorrect setting impacted the outcome of the game. The key words used in the ruling for these type of issues is "if it affects the game play". The same ruling goes for when there are weapon restrictions on the tournament where teams must use certain weapons during each map. Therefore, the ruling is consistent and done on a case by case basis.
Quote:
The hosting team is responsible for setting up the match the correct settings and map. Starting a Game/Map with the wrong game settings will result in a forfeit for the rounds the incorrect settings were played on IF the setting affected gameplay. If a map is played out of order, then the hosting team will forfeit the map. (i.e If Octane is 3rd map and played for first map, the team that hosted 3rd map instead of 1st will forfeit 3rd map.)

What does it mean when a player is evading a ban?
  • This means a player is currently suspended from the site on another MLG account and using a secondary MLG account to utilize the site and play matches. Depending on the severity of the ban, players may or may not be allowed to participate in paid entry tournaments. If a player has a severe enough site ban that is unrelated to tournaments OR if the ban is related to tournaments, they may be disqualified. Depending on the situation, the team may play man down, forfeit a single map, or the entire match. In game IP checks cannot be used to verify if a player is evading a ban.
Quote:
Any player that is currently banned for any tournament related or severe site misconduct on one account is not permitted to compete in Online Tournaments until the penalty has expired. Any player found evading an Online Tournament ban by using a secondary account will be disqualified from the tournament without a refund of the credits used for entry. If this player has played in any map/match in the tournament, that team may be disqualified from the tournament.

What does it mean when a player is account recovering (ringer)?
  • This means a player signed up to play in an online competition, but allows another person sign into their XBL GamerTag, PSN, Steam Account, ect and play for them. Therefore using an ineligible player in the competition. Only in game IP checks done by staff can be used as proof to verify this issue. Also, IP checks cannot be done after a match has been completed as there is no way to 100% verify that in ineligible player participated in the match. Any team found doing this will be disqualified if that player has played any maps that were verified by staff.
Quote:
In game IP checks will be administered at the discretion of the Online Tournament Staff. This will ensure no one is account recovering, and attempting to play on another persons account. Anyone found to be cheating will be banned from the website. However, IP checks will not be be given after the match has been completed.

Last edited by Tryitsniperz; 20 Jan 2015 at 12:39 PM EST.
GBMeDiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2013, 10:35 PM EST   #2
GBMeDiC
Premium Member

GBMeDiC has a reputation beyond reputeGBMeDiC has a reputation beyond reputeGBMeDiC has a reputation beyond reputeGBMeDiC has a reputation beyond reputeGBMeDiC has a reputation beyond reputeGBMeDiC has a reputation beyond reputeGBMeDiC has a reputation beyond reputeGBMeDiC has a reputation beyond reputeGBMeDiC has a reputation beyond reputeGBMeDiC has a reputation beyond reputeGBMeDiC has a reputation beyond repute
What does it mean when a player is evading amateur status?
  • This means a player already won a cash prize on one MLG account from a tournament on the arena the tournament is being held on and using a secondary MLG account to play in an Amateur only tournament for the same arena. Also, anyone who live in the same household with a non amateur are not eligible to participate in amateur tournaments for that arena. Depending on the situation, the offending team may play man down, forfeit a single map, or the entire match. In game IP checks cannot be used to verify amateur status.
Quote:
Definition of Non-Amateurs: Players that have won a cash prize from any Online Tournaments or Ladders for the game and console on which the tournament is being held. If a player takes credits in place of a cash prize, they are no longer considered an amateur and are ineligible to play in amateur tournaments. If any player is found playing on a team that falls into one of the above categories, the whole team will be disqualified and credits will not be refunded. Anyone living in the same household as a Non Amateur player will also be considered non Amateur and are not allowed to participate in Amateur Tournaments.

What does it mean when a player is evading a territory restriction?
  • This means that a player who is legally restricted, based on their state/territory laws, from playing in the tournament evades the restrictions put in place to gain illegitimate entry into a tournament. Depending on the situation, the team may play man down, forfeit a single map, or the entire match.
Quote:
Eligible for _____ Residents only. Not valid in ____. Only one (1) prize per household per Tournament. Employees of MLG, the Tournament's participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, and members of the immediate family of any such persons, are not eligible to participate and win. For the complete list of restrictions/limitations, please visit the prize tab. Any team found using a restricted player may be disqualified from the tournament without a refund of credits.

I gave away one of my other accounts to a friend and now I am banned? It wasn't my account anymore.
  • The person who creates an account is the person it belongs to regardless on who has access to it. Any penalties levied against one account may be done to any other accounts that person has created. In an example, if a player is non amateur on one account and allows a friend to use one of his/her secondary accounts in an amateur tournament, it will be considered evading non amateur status and both accounts will be banned from the site for a period of time.
Quote:
Users must utilize their own unique username for competing on GameBattles. This unique username must have been registered on GameBattles personally by you the user. The registered username must contain the correct and complete Name, Address, and Email of the user. If a false Name, Address, or Email was entered, the user voids the privilege to participate in the event and or receive any prizes.

Our opponent was forfeited later in the tournament. Can we receive a refund or advanced in the bracket?
  • Per the rules, teams must report any issue they have with their tournament match. Any unreported match issue cannot receive the support it needs. If it was an issue that would have caused that team to be disqualified in your match and went unreported, a credit refund will not be offered. If possible, your team may be advanced to the next round. The only instance in a credit refund is if a team is found using Hacks/Infections in that tournament. Any team that played against them in that tournament will receive a full credit refund.
Quote:
If any team fails to report an issue with their tournament match that results in their opponent being disqualified later in the tournament (i.e evading amateur status), credits will not be refunded to that team. All issues with a tournament match must be reported to tournament staff before or during the match.
The Opponent was using hacks, it was so obvious, can you forfeit them?
  • For any in game issue, whether it is incorrect settings, wrong weapons, hacks/infections, etc, the burden of proof is on the accuser. Staff have the final decision on whether or not the proof is acceptable to take action against a team. At times, staff may spectate matches to gather further proof of a team possible using hacks. For Call of Duty Ghosts, it is best to enable CoD Broadcaster when staff are present so there can be a better viewing of the entire game. For all other games with theater, you can add the games to you vault and staff can review them in there if necessary.Anyone playing in a tournament with a player found using infections/hacks will also be suspended from the site.

My achievement for winning a tournament was never added to my account. How can I get it back?
  • You can submit a Tournament Question/Issues ticket. You will just need to provide the name or a team id for the tournament you placed in. After it is added to your account, it may take some time for it to show on your profile.

Why don't Admins respond to me on Twitter?
  • Not all staff have a twitter account nor do the ones that use twitter keep tabs on every interaction they get. Any staff member that chooses to use twitter will respond to those who tweet in a calm and collective manner and when they are currently viewing their interactions. Anyone who shows any type of negativity towards staff will not receive any type of support via social media and will be required to follow the normal support path.

GameBattles - @GameBattles Director, Online Competition - @Tryitsniperz Manager, Online Tournaments - @GBMeDiC Supervisor, Online Tournaments - @SovietEU

Last edited by Tryitsniperz; 20 Jan 2015 at 12:50 PM EST.
Old 27 Dec 2013, 11:08 PM EST   #3
GBMeDiC
Premium Member

I just put gold on my Xbox Live Account after that match, why am I out of the tournament?
  • This rule was put in place at the community's request due to the issue of using a modified console/hacks. The rule applies to everyone who signs up for the tournament whether or not they use a modified console/hacks. When the rule was first enforced, players were given the ability to added it to their account. After the first two weeks as a buffer period for this new rule, that was changed where a Gold Membership cannot be added after the tournament starts. If you are able to prove that your Gold ran out during the match, then an exception will be made.

Quote:
For Xbox 360 tournaments, all participants must utilize an Xbox Live Account that has and active Gold Membership. Any player/team found using a Silver Xbox Live Account is subject to disqualification.

Why was I disqualified for not providing a video to staff?
  • This is another rule added at the request of the community. This helps ensure that modified consoles/hacks are not being used in tournament matches. For OLT Staff to request a video from a player, there must be enough suspicion in the form of proof from their opponent. Any accusations made against a team without proof to support that claim will yield no video. Staff cannot make the best informed decision without the players providing proof of the issue. Any player that is requested to take a video must follow staff's explicit directions.
Quote:
At any time, staff reserve the right to ask for first person view of any individual's tournament game play and/or console boot up. Failing to provide what is requested in a timely manner or follow OLT Staff's directions may result in that player's inability to continue to play and/or disqualification of the entire team from this competition.

Last edited by GBMeDiC; 4 May 2014 at 7:18 PM EDT.
Old 10 Jan 2014, 6:00 AM EST   #4
Dodoria
This is Sparta!

Dodoria is a splendid one to beholdDodoria is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for this extensive read! I am thoroughly educated now about tournaments. Thanks Medic!
Dodoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jan 2014, 10:04 PM EST   #5
DeeEyeSeeKay
Learning the Lingo

DeeEyeSeeKay is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome thread, very informative
DeeEyeSeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2014, 1:16 PM EDT   #6
EternityLT_
Learning the Ropes

EternityLT_ has a brilliant futureEternityLT_ has a brilliant futureEternityLT_ has a brilliant futureEternityLT_ has a brilliant futureEternityLT_ has a brilliant futureEternityLT_ has a brilliant future
Thank you. I have been fully educated on tournaments. Thank you once again.
EternityLT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2014, 1:59 AM EDT   #7
PredaZZx
New Arrival

PredaZZx is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
I live in GMT +1 so if the tournee starts 10:30PM CEST what Time is it for me
PredaZZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jun 2014, 3:08 AM EDT   #8
AnimalM8
New Arrival

AnimalM8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you for a Nice thread!:-) Helps alot!
Old 22 Jul 2014, 2:01 PM EDT   #9
C0ST
Learning the Lingo

C0ST is a splendid one to beholdC0ST is a splendid one to behold
this is a great post keep it up guys
C0ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Aug 2014, 11:56 PM EDT   #10
GHOSTRECON74175
New Arrival

GHOSTRECON74175 is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
Thanks MLG Staff for teaching me about tourneys in teh forums
GHOSTRECON74175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Aug 2014, 8:16 PM EDT   #11
LenAlwaysMisses
Paving The Way

LenAlwaysMisses will become famous soon enough
If it is a AR/Sub 2v2 Tournament, does this mean that per round one player must be using a sub and the other a Ar or can they both use a AR?? and if its an AR only tournament can you knife? or use a pistol? or is it like the rule One gun only?
#1 EU Variant Player
LenAlwaysMisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2014, 3:14 PM EDT   #12
Richunclsam
New Arrival

Richunclsam is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
What do I do after I win a Tournament?
Richunclsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2014, 7:43 PM EDT   #13
WheelSnipeCellySqW
New Arrival
Premium Member

WheelSnipeCellySqW is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
2k tournament eligibility

I am moving to Maryland. So my question is, If i live in one of the states you're not able to purchase credits in. Am I eligible to play in call of duty 2k tournaments if one of my teammates transfers me the credits? Also, would I be able to claim a prize from any tournaments?
WheelSnipeCellySqW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Sep 2014, 4:13 AM EDT   #14
SWATghost1515
New Arrival

SWATghost1515 is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
I am in INDIA how can i enter in any of the tournaments
SWATghost1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Oct 2014, 10:14 PM EDT   #15
Heavenclone
New Arrival

Heavenclone is one of the most hated people on GameBattles
For , tournaments, it says I can't participate because I live in quebec. Is there a way to work around this issue in order to be able to play?
Heavenclone is offline   Reply With Quote