18 Nov 2013, 5:33 PM EST
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cardiff, Wales
Dota 2 Match Setup Tutorial
MLG Play Guide
- How to Create an MLG Account
- You can register for free at any time by going to the top left corner and clicking the "Sign Up" link or by going directly to the account signup page.
- Creating a Team
- Enter the arena by finding it in the console navigation bar. Each game is categorized by the console it appears on.
- Select the Ladder you wish to compete on from the Ladders drop-down. On the right side, you will see a "Join this Ladder" link. Alternatively you may create a team under "Get Started" on the arena homepage.
- Team Management
- Team management is performed from your team’s profile page. This page can be easily accessed by visiting “Teams” from the top navigation bar on the Major League Gaming website.
- Editing your roster will allow you to invite new members to your team. Search for the player you wish to invite by looking up their username, email address, or gamertag.
- Joining a Team
- You will need to be on a team in order to compete on our arenas. Once invited to a team you will receive a notification to accept or decline an invite to a team.
- How to Create or Accept a Match
- The Match Finder is a tool used to quickly and easily find a match. The Match Finder allows you to accept an existing challenge or to create a new challenge for the entire community to see.
- The Match Finder is within each ladder in a given arena. You can visit the Match Finder by selecting the Match Finder tab within a ladder.
- There are two ways to find a match using the Match Finder:
- Accept an existing Match Finder challenge - View the match details when accepting a match for information on the match.
- Create a Match Finder challenge of your own - Fill out the required information, including the time, date, and amount of players.
- How to Report
- Once a match has finished, the Leader of each team must report the final score on the Major League Gaming website. To report, visit your team’s profile page. Under the “Upcoming & Recent Matches” section, you will find a listing of all accepted challenges. Find the match which needs to be reported and click the corresponding magnifying-glass icon , this takes you to the match report page.
- How to get Assistance
- If there are disagreement on the match outcome the match will enter into a dispute.
- You can submit a ticket by going to Tickets and Escalations. You can get to your tickets by going to the drop-down located in your username in the upper left-hand corner.
- When preparing your ticket, be sure to select the correct Ticket Category, Team and Match ID. Attach your proof to the ticket using the URL boxes provided.
- Once you have submitted your ticket, the match will be reviewed. Post-match support from a member of staff is guaranteed for Premium matches.
- For further information please see the support page of your arena and select match, arena or other support.